June 2008's TRIZ Journal
Editor | On 02, Jun 2008
By Katie Barry, Ellen Domb and Michael S. Slocum
Some issues of The TRIZ Journal have unexpected themes. This month we have two: 1) offices and 2) conference papers that needed to reach broader audiences. If you are trying to get to your office, work with your co-workers or, in particular, work with a team with members in different locations, this month’s issue includes several articles for you. If you were unable to attend The Altshuller Institute’s TRIZCON2008, this month’s issue includes three articles from the conference.
- TRIZ Journal commentator Jack Hipple looks at the needs of air traffic controllers and how their display designs can be improved.
- City infrastructures are causes of concern everywhere. With India’s growing population, the troubles with travel infrastructures are of particular concern. TRIZ can help.
- Another frequent cause of concern is dealing with co-workers. Managing Emotions: Applying the Substance-field Theory may shed some light on some familiar office situations.
- The complexity and changeability of software design is less of a challenge after reading this case study by Navneet Bhushan.
- Office life is not challenging merely because of differing emotions and traffic congestion. Working as a team is particularly hard when not located in one place.
The iSixSigma Marketplace (iSixSigma is a part of CTQ Media, parent company to The TRIZ Journal) is such a success that this summer it will be re-launching with product offerings expanding to the topics of systematic innovation and business process management. What can you sell? Materials that business professionals want in any number of forms, including:
- Ebooks (10- to 2,000+ page documents
- Training materials (Microsoft PowerPoint slides that include instructor notes)
- Templates (Microsoft Excel or Word)
- Examples (control plans, communication plans)
- You name it!
Become a partner! Once you have a product ready for sale that is 100 percent owned by you or your company, contact the Marketplace with your request to partner. Or contact Marketplace manager Virginia Hill directly at 206-347-0943 or Virginia.Hill@iSixSigma.com.
Submit Your Articles
Don’t relax now that it’s summer â€“ keep the great articles coming! You can submit them at anytime through our submission page.
Contact the editors with any questions or suggestions. We love to hear from our readers!
Until July, happy TRIZ reading!